Table of Contents
(1). Message from the Founder. (2). Our approach. (3). 2015 Goals. (4). 2015 Accomplishments (5). Orphanage Highlights. (6). Partners/Sponsors. (7). Financial Report. (8).Contact Information
1. Message from Ivan Ssewankambo.
In 2003, I heard a calling from God to start up an orphanage. Since I grew up in the life of suffering and wondering on street as an orphan, I knew that there were very many orphans and vulnerable children that want to be helped. I started Vangrace Compassion Ministries’ Orphanage with 14 Orphans in Bunjjako Island Mpigi district in Uganda East of Africa where I was captivated by the smiles and incredible potentials of the children yet horrified by the conditions in which they lived. Having been brought face-to-face with the heart-wrenching reality of their lives, I committed myself to ensuring that orphaned children have the opportunity to grow up with the love and care they deserve.
Vangrace Compassion Ministries is an established and trusted-non-profit organization that empowers orphans to reach their full potential. We believe children can—and should—be lifted out of the cycle of poverty. And we believe in helping people help themselves.
We serve struggling orphans, vulnerable and abandoned children to feed, nourish, educate, shelter and medicate them. Through years of experience, we have found that the most sustainable way to help people help themselves is to strengthen less fortunate children and transform their lives as well as impacting different less privileged. This approach empowers caregivers and empowers orphans. It’s transforming. It’s measurable. It’s proven. It’s scalable. And it’s the right thing to do. I hope you’ll join us as we help children become the miracles they were meant to be.
Yours in Service
Pastor Ivan Ssewankambo
2. Our Approach
'We ensure that our orphaned children get all 12 of these rights, inspired by the Uganda-convention on the Rights of the Child.'
3. 2015 Goals
- Increase the number of children supported by Vangrace Compassion Ministries.
- To get more partners, donors and sponsors on board.
- Ensure that there is enough food supply for our children.
- Coming up with more sustainable projects at the orphanage.
- Conducive, safe, sound and healthy environment for our children.
- Exponential growth.
4. 2015 Accomplishments.
- Increased the number of children supported by 40%
- We fed, sheltered, guided, medicated and educated 279 children.
- We supported 3-4 families of orphan children.
Deepened more services to different vulnerable community through Community Outreach Missions Program and we sent one child to a college.
- We gave out 540 mosquito nets to the orphans and vulnerable children, pregnant women and elderly people of different communities.
- We sent one child to a college school and he is now receiving education.
- At the beginning of year, 12 bibles were also given out to the new converts who accepted Jesus as their personal saviour.
- We organised a fundraising ceremony in April and many people attended mostly the community people and $79.22 USD was raised towards the construction of the children’s toilets.
- We received 700 mosquito nets from Chanel Fraikin and also we received an irrigation water pump from Brad which was a great and joyous success.
- We also came up with a ‘Surprise Box’ program where different sponsors and friends have been sending surprise gifts to our children. Our children like this program so much.
Feeds 279 less fortunate children under the theme ‘No child deserves to be hungry’
Fostered and provided guidance and counselling to 279 less fortunate children.
Ensured all children receive free education and academic support.
Currently we have 5 monthly recurring sponsors who do support us with their kind donation. And as our plan was at the beginning of the year, the number of sponsors increased from 3-5. Thus more donors and sponsors are needed to support the activities and programs of Vangrace Compassion Ministries.
7. 2015 Financial Report.
Come Visit us :
Vangrace Compassion Ministries God's Village - Located at Lake Victoria - Shores in Buwama (Mpigi District), Uganda The Pearl of Africa
Vangrace Compassion Ministries’ Orphanage transforms orphans and vulnerable children from barely surviving to totally thriving, and the staff, and volunteers are truly awesome to work with. The Vangrace Compassion Ministries’ method is working, by providing food, education, shelter, guidance, health care, and love. It is remarkable to see the vast improvements of the children’s health and education, and the life changes to the orphaned children.
- We met with different government officials as well as the local officials of Uganda to discuss how our activities can improve more and more orphans and vulnerable children in Uganda.
- We’ve been joined with other new friends that give in the little they have towards Vangrace Compassion Ministries’ activities and programs.
- We came up with the Cow Fundraising Project and surprisingly we also received a cow from Brad and Bonnie.
- We have created up a sustainable project for farming in order to have enough food supply for our children at the orphanage-God’s Village.
5. Orphanage Highlights.
Vangrace Compassion Ministries’ Orphanage started with 14 now having 279 less privileged children
Delivered medical care services to children whenever there is a need.
8. Contact Information.
Stop by or get in touch
The Mailing Address:
Vangrace Compassion Ministries P.O. Box 32113 Clock Tower
Kampala, Uganda (East Africa)
Tel: +256 782 561483