- Surprise Box
- Surprise Shoes
- Feeding the less fortunate
- Community Outreach Program
- Volunteer’s Profile
- 5 reasons to sponsor a child
1. Surprise Box
‘A Surprise Box’ is aimed at sending an unexpected gift wrapped in a big/small Box to your
sponsored child or towards all of the orphan children here at God’s Village.
Recently one of our sponsor sent in two surprise boxes for her children that she sponsors and it real caused a very great impact to these children. When a child receives such a gift, it’s always hard to forget the person who sent him or her surprise box.
Giving a gift to an orphan that makes him/her happy brings a great joy to all of our children and it also reminds them that there is someone who cares about them regardless of their vulnerability.
This is also another way to surprise other children especially those that are not sponsored as currently we only have 5 Sponsored children.
To you, it is a question but that small amount of $23 USD every month is a huge sum to the child you’re sponsoring, going towards paying for their scholastic material, medication, and feeding them. It helps them build their lives and develop themselves through learning and schooling. They are able to focus on an ambition, a dream that will uplift them from poverty they are surrounded by, and move on to a better life.
When you have a fixed commitment every month, no matter how trivial the amount is, you realize that you have responsibilities and act accordingly. You become a better person and strive to much more for others in your daily life. And when you help one child, you want to help many more when you see the effect that your contribution has brought about.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE FEW THINGS THAT SHOULD BE INVOLVED WITHIN THE SURPRISE BOX OF A CHILD.
Shoes, Tooth paste and tooth brush, Soap, Sanitary pads (girls), Pants, Candy, Toys and Other things that you would also like to send to the kid.
Note: One Surprise Box is for only one child and you can wrap anything not necessary the above mentioned item.
HOW TO DESIGN A SURPRISE BOX FOR A CHILD.
Get a good packaging box. Pack in the gifts as listed above. Wrap the box. Write the name of the child on the box and design the box with any designs that you feel will be a real surprise to the child.
‘’The surprise is that you continue to be surprised’’
2. Surprise shoes.
Any parent can tell you how often kids grow out of shoe, they go barefooted to school but there is a way how these children can get shoes that is through you and me.
Remember 'One shoe can change someone’s life.' – Cinderella.
Recently one of our orphan child received a surprise of shoes from her sponsor but she was so excited and happy over it. It was real a surprise Shoe.
Most of orphan and vulnerable children here at God’s Village, shoes are no fashion statement. They are a key to good health.
They also open the door to an active social life and even encourage education.
Shoes also helps Orphan and vulnerable children to improve their personal hygiene, as well as protecting them from various infections that may result from foot injuries or exposure to bacteria and other unhygienic conditions in the soil.
Wonderful people have stretched their hands thousands of miles from where they are reaching out to needy children here at Vangrace Compassion Orphanage and giving them the most precious thing in the world that is education with only $23 USD monthly. It’s much appreciation from me for the effort you are making to reach these orphan children here at God’s Village.
Education is the key to a good life. It gives one hope that, after completing the recommended phase, one will live a good life and afford the basic needs in life.
Most of these orphans and vulnerable children their parents were refugees from Rwanda and Congo and others their parents died of HIV/AIDS. Giving education to these children is a sign that shows they are not alone regardless of the absence of their parents.
Out of 279 orphans and vulnerable children that we have, it’s only 7 children that are sponsored so the rest we struggle our best to see that they get scholastic materials, feeding them and medicating them. Due to limited funds we find ourselves providing limited necessities or not even providing some of their necessities.
"Everyone deserves the best start in life, which is what Vangrace Compassion orphanage is working to provide the world's most vulnerable children. Education is essential to a child's development. I hope that everyone can be encouraged to join Vangrace Compassion Ministries mission to make education a reality for children throughout the world."
4. Feeding the less fortunate.
In world, millions of less fortunate boys and girls are going to bed hungry. More than 17 million children face not having enough food. Together, we can feed hungry children and change this grim statistic. We can reach these less fortunate children in need across Africa with food and other essentials that offer hope for a better future.
Through Vangrace Compassion Orphanage, these children get access to food, medication, education and shelter. But there is a challenge of inadequate food supply due to limited funds at the orphanage and this has bought up sometimes children going to bed with hunger.
Any parent can tell how it’s like for a child to go to bed with hunger.
We all want the best for our children. As Vangrace Compassion Ministries/Orphanage, our target is to see that all orphans and vulnerable children are fed well though it not easy at times. Imagine the cost of feeding hundreds of children providing them with breakfast, lunch and supper. ‘If we can conquer space then we can conquer childhood hunger.’
‘ I can’t think of any issue that is more important than working to see that no orphan child in this world goes hungry.’
It is not an easy task to look after hundreds of orphan and vulnerable children mostly when it comes to the side of medication. Due to limited funds, most of the time we find ourselves having outstanding debts of the medical bills.
This month we had many cases of sick children and many of these children have been suffering from fever, coughs and flu and other related diseases.
As Vangrace Compassion Orphanage, we are more concerned with well being of orphan children so when it comes to sickness, it real worries us mostly when we have no funds and there is an outstanding debts at our local clinic yet there is a need to give treatment to these children. It’s hard for us to take any child when he is sick to that same clinic due to the debts that we may be having.
" but in serving the best interests of orphan and vulnerable children, we serve the best interests of all humanity."
6. Community Outreach Program.
Not everyone mostly the elderly people and vulnerable people can easily meet their needs, that’s when Vangrace Compassion Ministries community outreach program comes in. Throughout this month, we had a community outreach program of mosquito nets give out to mostly those that are in vulnerable state.
7. Care Giver’s Profile.
Harriet has been working with Vangrace Compassion Orphanage since 2011. She is a hard worker and a great example for her team members. She works in different areas within God’s Village Family. She serve as our nurse at the same time a care giver.
1. Making sure they do not go hungry. In our modern day society, hunger should have been satisfied years ago. Many people are struggling to make ends meet. Unfortunately, one of the most common areas that people will cut corners in is food. Even if the child that you sponsor does not live in a poverty stricken country, they may be unable to get food due to a natural disaster or war.
2. Giving them a chance to drink clean water. One of the most basic needs is not being met. One of the things that we tend to take for granted is water. Imagine if you could not give your child clean water to drink, hoping that it was not going to make them so sick they could die. There are many areas that the water is so contaminated, parents have to face this fear every day. Even if you give one child the chance to have clean water, you can change an entire family’s life. Help decrease the mortality rates in children by giving one child clean water.
3. Saving their lives from health related problems. Many children are born into this world without any health care at all. Imagine if a child in your family was born with a heart condition and you had no way of ensuring that they got a necessary transplant. Imagine being so far from a hospital, you had to walk a week just to get your child treated. There are people that live in countries that do not have the ability to make sure that every child has the appropriate medical care that they need to ensure that they live long enough to reach adulthood. Donating a little money could give them the chance to grow up.
4. Giving them a shot at being a better person. Many of the children of this world do not have the ability to go to school. We often forget that there are places that children are not educated at all. If they are not educated, how are they going to be able to change their circumstances when they grow up? How are they going to make this world better, without having a proper education or the supplies that they will need to learn? By sponsoring a child, you can ensure that the child that you are sponsoring gets the education that they deserve.
5. You can help a child in your country. Many of us would rather help a child in our country. Many charities will give you a choice where you sponsor a child from. No matter what country you live in, there are always children that are in need of your help. By helping a child in your country, you ensure that the country that you live in will have a brighter future. All it takes is for you to decide which charity you want to go through and start donating.
As our vision is ‘A Unify generation in Christ transforming lives of orphans and vulnerable children here in Uganda-Africa. We are still continuing to serve for the better of our community. To see that every vulnerable and orphan children as well as the elderly people and HIV/AID’S victims meet their needs through Vangrace Compassion Ministries. We work hand in hand to see that we provide all the necessities needed by such people but on the other hand we are limited to provide their necessities due to limited funds. This month as not been an easy month on our side as we have a lot of pending debts to pay but the funds are limited.
This coming month we will be working hard to see all those debts are being paid and also providing all the necessities of our children like food, medication, scholastic materials and other related necessities. We are also working hard to see that every orphan and vulnerable child get a sponsor to support them in their education, medication and scholastic material because all those are one of the basic needs of any child. Thanks to all of your who give in funds and donations to Vangrace Compassion Ministries/Orphanage. We really appreciate your support and may the Lord reward you abundantly.